I'd like to be able to use different shells different options

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Thu May 8 16:26:24 UTC 2008

with testutils/runtest and _not have to_ adjust every shell script. Yes,
bash or dash or zsh or even ash may be intresting (perhaps others).

These shells behave a bit different, and different default shells are used
on different distributions both at the system and user level.  I think,
test scripts need to be written in such a robust way that the tester is
not fooled to believe that this and that went wrong because ... and later
find out the shell is the cause to the problem

Is there a flexible way to do that?  I have some ideas, but I'm not sure
if they'll hold.

Ideally, I would for example like to execute:

  # ash -x ./rundir cpio

and have ash (and only ash) run _all_ the test scripts and xtrace stuff
without me having to adjust every single involved script to those needs.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Cristian