[patch] testsuite/testing.sh: removes obvious bashisms

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Fri May 2 13:36:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> On Friday 02 May 2008 13:52, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> >
> > Obviously you don't like printf :)
>
> I don't have any problems with it. I just know that new-style scripts
> can break if we switch to it, because their strings can contain "%".
>
> Therefore it cannot be used.

Do we have control over those strings?
Could you give an RL example?

> Therefore neither echo -ne nor printf is ok.

Hmm...  Still, they can be used in many cases, as long as we control the
strings.

> I propose using helper binary.

Well, I can't say I'm happy about it, but it might be needed.  Still, I'd
like to see some RL examples that show there is no other way.

Cheers,

--
Cristian