Ответ: MDEV: rename

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 29 13:13:50 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 05:28, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > You mean
> >
> > timer root:audio 660 >snd/anything
> >
> > moves /dev/timer to /dev/snd/timer, and
> >
> > timer root:audio 660 >snd/anything/
> >
> > moves /dev/timer to /dev/snd/anything/timer.
> >
> > first one seems to be a bug, second one is ok.
>
> it was intentional behavior so people could get "make a symlink" or "move" at
> the same time without having to create extra code.  sometimes it does leave a
> slightly messier /dev, but so what ?

Can you clarify this a bit for me? I started to hack on mdev,
explaining will prevent me from breaking things.

What this rule:

timer root:audio 660 >snd/foo

is supposed to do when /dev/timer is added?
(If it depends on CONFIG_xxx, explain all cases).

Meanwhile: after commit 21553 mdev stops on the FIRST
match, not last.
--
vda