MDEV: regexps in rename clause

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 22 20:23:59 UTC 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008, dronnikov at gmail.com wrote:
> We already use regexps when matching device nodes. Why cannt we use matched
> substrings in rename clause?

because no one asked for it so far

> Attached is the patch to allow such behavior.
> Tokens of form %N will expand to N-th substring in regexp.

do you realistically need more than 1 match ?  that would make things much
simpler.  i'd like to avoid ugly ifdef messes whenever possible, and this
patch is a good example of things i'd like to avoid.

> This should allow much more advanced mdev configuration.

the purpose of mdev is to keep it simple.  advanced stuff == use udev.
-mike