http with cgi

Inuk You i-yu at melcoinc.co.jp
Mon Mar 10 08:31:08 UTC 2008

Hello

I apologize for the prior mail (hard to read it).
Please delete it (same title with youinuk at empal.com) if possible.

I'd like to run some script with cgi in server accessing from client.
i.e.
(in server)
1) write a cgi script in /www/cgi-bin
e.g.
#!/bin/sh
# test.cgi
echo "run a program!" > /dev/console

2) run httpd
(in client)

3) access to server through the browser or something
e.g.
http://x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/test.cgi

I'm a newbie in Busybox.
There are only binaries (httpd, inetd, etc) in Busybox httpd
so I've no idea how to start (how to configure, which files to need more,
and so on).
Could you let me know what to do after installing busybox httpd?
or good references or sites?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
In order to these, what I did is:
(in server)
- install the busybox (built with httpd).
- write httpd.conf and inetd.conf in /etc.
(document root is /www)
- mkdir /www/cgi-bin and write a test script in that.
- run httpd.
(in client)
- http://x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/test.cgi by I.E.
Of course, it doesn't work.