Encryption

Kevin Holland khollan at daktronics.com
Mon Mar 3 16:26:46 UTC 2008

Sorry I was gone this weekend,
But this is statement is correct.  I don't want to encrypt the traffic
just the contents of a tar archive.  The archive is on an ftp server
where an anonymous person can log in and download anything.  I just want
to keep people from snooping around in the update files.  I understand
that someone determined to get into them probably will, I just want to
keep out the less determined people.
 I want something where I can create the archive run it through an
encryption utility, then upload it to the ftp server.  Then my embedded
board will download it and run it through its decryption utility and
make the needed updates.

I hope this is clearer to everyone.

Kevin