Encryption

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Mar 3 02:43:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 06:00:04PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> in any case though, the ftp server would need to support the encryption as
> well ... a random util in busybox isnt going to magically make it happen.

Umm, what? Perhaps OP wants to encrypt a file, place it on a public
server he controls, and have his busybox target download the file and
decrypt it. In that case, encryption serves to prevent other people from
accessing the file contents, even though they can download the file.

I use the command-line utilities that accompany OpenSSL to do something
similar.

Hamish