Encryption

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Sat Mar 1 20:36:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 01 '08 at 02:10, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 29 February 2008, Kevin Holland wrote:
> > Is there a quick and dirty way to encrypt and decrypt a tar with the
> > current busybox utilities?
>
> there are no encrypt/decrypt utils in busybox

to bad.

> > I'm pulling updates from a public FTP and I would like to secure it.
>
> that doesnt really make sense.  if it's public ftp, then anyone can fetch it,
> therefore protecting the content by encryption is pointless.

that made about as much sence as saying: AIDS is a sexualy transmitted
desease. everyoe is having sexi, so using a condom is pointless.

Encryption is probably the only way to secure Kevins data.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2008 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de