RTC and "date" command

Midhun A midhunagni at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 05:11:14 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I am working on Freescale's i.MX21 RTC. I have a driver which does the
basic initialization of the RTC and sets and reads time from the RTC.
The RTC is working perfectly fine. When I use the "date" command of
busybox, it seems that busybox picks up the date and time from
somewhere else. The time shown by busybox is slower than the RTC time.
Also all C programs to retrieve system time return the busybox time
and not the RTC time.

Does busybox maintain a separate counter by itself ? How do I make
busybox pick time from the kernel (the one in the RTC) ?

Thanks,
Midhun.