udhcpc in 1.10.3 doesn't like my WLAN card

SAMUEL Dinesh d.samuel at courantmultimedia.fr
Mon Jun 16 14:18:44 UTC 2008

Hello

We have the same problem as described in this link.

http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2008-June/031835.html

We don't use WLAN card. Just the two Ethernet cards included in the taihu
evaluation board (ppc 405ep).

We tried the solution supplied in the topic linked below and it worked for
us.

Tcpdump output on the dhcp server looks pretty normal. Here's the debug
output we had before modifying clientsocket.c with(out) your code block :

busybox-1.10.3/busybox udhcpc -i eth1

### adapter index 2

### adapter hardware address 50:00:00:00:26:01

udhcpc (v1.10.3) started

### vfork'ing and execle'ing /etc/init.d/udhcpc.script

### entering raw listen mode

### opening raw socket on ifindex 2

### got raw socket fd 6

### attached filter to raw socket fd 6

### bound to raw socket fd 6

### adding option 0x35

### adding option 0x3d

### adding option 0x3c

### adding option 0x39

Sending discover...

### Waiting on select...

### Unrelated/bogus packet

### Waiting on select...

### adding option 0x35

### adding option 0x3d

### adding option 0x3c

### adding option 0x39

Sending discover...

### Waiting on select...

### adding option 0x35

### adding option 0x3d

### adding option 0x3c

### adding option 0x39

Sending discover...

Could you please provide us an explanation for this. If removing the code
block you specified is enough, please let us know too :-)

Thank you for your help

Dinesh, Joseph