elf2flt questions

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Jun 5 09:11:51 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Thursday 05 June 2008 02:13, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > Can you write up a small explanation what elf2flt does, how to produce
> > a flat executable with it? Let's say in my situation - I seem to have
> > correctly built static elf bfin busybox, can I make a flat one out of it?
>
> Straightforward approach suggested by "elf2flt --help" doesn't work:

well you really arent supposed to invoke elf2flt directly.  just run your
toolchain like normal but specify "-elf2flt" when doing the linking step.
the wrapper script will take care of the rest.

it really isnt worth knowing how to invoke elf2flt directly.  honestly, such
knowledge is completely useless.
-mike