mke2fs error : no such file

Neeraj Vaidya neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 2 08:43:22 UTC 2008

[NOTE : this is the same as the previous mail but with a typo correction in the subject line]

I am using one of the latest versions of busybox (probably v1.10.0) with relevant patches applied.

I boot from an initrd and get to the busybox ash prompt.

When I issue the mke2fs command to create an ext3  filesystem on one of the IDE partitions , it outputs a lot of text like "creating superblock " etc etc , but at the end it says "No such file or directory".
"mke2fs -j /dev/hda3"

When I try to mount this partition using "mount -t ext3 /dev/hda3 /mnt/new_install" , it is not able to mount it. I do not remember the exact error , but it was something like "could not mount partition"

Is this a busybox mke2fs problem ?

Thanks,
Neeraj

 Has your work life balance shifted? Find out.

      Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/