chpst

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:22:53 UTC 2008

> Before the patch "setuidgid -a env" was interpreted as
> 'set UID and GID to user "-a" and execute env';
> softlimit had options which were not taken by chpst.

Right! I missed that from consideration. The excuse is that the intension
was to unify applets options and deprecate hardly detectable quirks.

<off>Though "setuidgid -- -a env" would solve the problem and albeit I admit
that backward compatibility should retain, the whole busybox itself shows
that unification and integration is good. Those who write #!/bin/bash at the
top of scripts create their problems themselves. The same do those who write
"tail -10". Why to support bad habits?.. Never mind, though...</off>

--
Vladimir