chpst

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:42:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Vladimir Dronnikov
<dronnikov at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Edited it, trying to reduce API changes (for example,
>> setuidgid should _not_ take any options).
>>

> Thanks! The only applet which does the job is chpst, the rest are rudiments
> and should be treated as just aliases, IMO.

Before the patch "setuidgid -a env" was interpreted as
'set UID and GID to user "-a" and execute env';
softlimit had options which were not taken by chpst.

Both of these were changed by your patch.

I stopped first from occurring (I think), the second is still there.

Carelessly breaking API may be somewhat ok for embedded, but bad on desktop.
Well, in this case it is not too bad, people will have hard time noticing
that chpst now has "hidden" options.
--
vda