Ответ: CONFIG (fsck)

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 27 09:22:46 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 08:52, Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> > allowed lines of 3 or more...
> AFAICS, man 5 fstab does not read anything about 3 fields. Wrong, Denys?

The point is, old code allowed that. Some users may start
having their /etc/fstab files requected.

You should avoid mixing different changes. If you are replacing
config file parser, you should try to not affect program's behavior
at all.

And if while you work on it you noticed that program is doing
something wrong, then you fix that *in a separate patch*.

> > There is no NULL assignments...
> fsck.c, lines 371-2.
> I tried to keep the logic...

I mean that the comment ended up unreadable. It is confusing.
It does not talk about code it sits in, it talks about code
which _was there before_!

It actually happens quite often. When I code something, I keep
a lot of state in the head, and this "assumed" knowledge infuences
what I write in comments. Then, when I reread what I wrote,
I often notice that comments are rather cryptic! :)
--
vda