map keyboard to stdin

Kevin Holland khollan at daktronics.com
Tue Jul 22 18:47:14 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes.  I have
an embedded Linux board that uses BB 1.5.1, the console is output the
serial port.  How can I set it up so a USB keyboard will be accepted as
input as well as anything received from the serial port and it will be
echoed to the output of the serial port as well.  Basically I want to
issue commands either through a terminal program to the embedded board
or a USB keyboard that is connected to the board, but I still want to
see what was typed on the keyboard out the serial terminal.
I have enabled USB HID support in the Kernel as well.

Thanks for your help

Kevin