Creating /dev/cdrom

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Jul 14 14:51:08 UTC 2008

Is there a process to create /dev/cdrom to point to the cdrom device?
I have a project G4L that does disk images, but you then need to remove the
cd before rebooting. I generally, use a downloadable front-end script that
includes lines to include all the regular possibilities.

Since the busybox eject defaults to /dev/cdrom and I recently modified the
system to use mdev -s, was wondering if there was a way to have it create
the cdrom device, so that eject by itself would work.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 5,911,348.7549 | EINSTEIN 1,802,388.6269 | ROSETTA
554,380.6287