Ответ: ?????: "mdev -s" fails to create /dev entries

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 10:02:26 UTC 2008

It is simple. In order to be compatible to most of kernels mdev has to
know what kernel parameters was used: version, SYSFS_DEPRECATED, ...
That way we can configure workaround branches in mdev.c at
configuration time. As always a user chooses between compatibility and
size/speed.
The kernel changes sysfs -- we add a FEATURED workaround in mdev.c. Simple.

--
Vladimir