udhcpc and Infiniband support

Frank Leers Frank.Leers at sun.com
Fri Jul 11 20:28:00 UTC 2008

While searching the archives for info about udhcpc and IB support, I
came across one post that was relevant -

http://www.mail-archive.com/busybox@busybox.net/msg00747.html

I see no definitive resolution or answer, hence my post here.  My
attempts at getting boot over infiniband working  utilizing udhcpc are
similar to the initial post by Greg Kurtzer, and I loosely quote here:

"I noticed that the Infiniband driver is dropping the outgoing packets
from udhcpc.
If I statically define the IP address of ib0, communication works
perfect.
Is udhcpc supported over Infiniband?"

I can use the IPAPPEND function of PXELINUX which stores the initial
DHCPOFFER info in /proc/cmdline to configure the interface in init.
If I attempt to use udhcpc to configure the interface I see no packets
via tcpdump from the server side.

So, is udhcpc supported over Infiniband?

thanks in advance,

-frank