wget error message parsing.

Alex Owen r.alex.owen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:25:52 UTC 2008

Hi there, Thanks for your response.

I had done some checking and done a binary chop search of svn to find
when the code had changed, and looked at the latest released tag in
svn. I purposefully did not submit a bug report as I thought a
discussion would be nore usefull and it proves it was as you have made
me think again! Thanks!

Looking again at rfc2616 section 6.2 I see that it is only the last
part of the string that is server dependant

My parsing code can therefore look for:
"server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404"
The "Not Found" is not mandatory according to the RFC.

I know know what I need to submitt to the debian installer as a patch.
Thanks for your time and sorry to bother you.

Alex Owen