busybox ping not able to reach public IP

Ram kumar ramkumar.research at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 19:43:53 UTC 2008

hi,

Wait a second. If you have two interfaces, typically only one
> of these interfaces is connected to the network which eventually
> is connected to Internet. That's the network where your default
> gateway machine is.
>
> Why are you trying to ping default gateway FROM ANOTHER network?!

No both the interfaces are on the same eval board.........Imagine a laptop
that has ethernet and wifi card connected to a router,that acts as an access
point as well as a default gateway for ethernet.So a ethernet RJ45 cable
connects the ethernet of the eval board to router and the wifi card gets
connected to the access point(router) since the router is a wireless router.

So what i am trying to do is ,i have both ethernet and wifi card on the eval
board......both gets connected to the verizon router which acts as an access
point as well as default gateway for ethernet.

Now i want to check whether both my ethernet and wifi card were able to
reach a web server......

so first time i ping google using ethernet..............

Then i change the interface to wifi using

$ping -I eth1  64.233.167.99 where it hangs...............

My ethernet is eth0.......
My wifi is eth1..........

Regards,
Ram