busybox ping not able to reach public IP

Ram kumar ramkumar.research at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:15:56 UTC 2008

hi,
       I have compiled the busybox using buildroot along with filesystem for
my ATMEL platform at91sam9260(eval kit).I also have a marvell 8686 SDIO wifi
card attached to my SDIO interface.I use iwconfig to configure my SDIO wifi
card.I also have a ethernet controller attached to the atmel platform......

I am able to ping my default gateway(Access point) by typing............

$ ping -i eth1 192.168.1.1 (-i to use my wifi interface)

i get proper output......

$ 64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=46.315 ms

But the same way when i ping any public ip like google or yahoo with their
ip address....ping just hangs......

But I am able to ping both my default gateway and public ip using the
ethernet......

Please let me know whether i have to enable some options in the busybox to
make my ping command work with wifi card ?

Please let me know where could be the problem is ?

Regards,
Ram