builtin-commands + sash

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Fri Jan 25 11:40:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 10:48:15AM +0000, kalyanatejaswi balabhadrapatruni wrote:
> Hi,
> I did "help" in sash shell and compared the output to
> the commands i found in BB-1.9.0 as
> 1. shell/ash.c built-in commands and
> 2. NOFORK (or even NOEXEC ) applets
>
> And these are what i found missing in BB-1.9.0 as
> built-in commands:
>
> aliasall,

Not applicable.

> setenv, quit, source

These must be in ash, if not under different name:
- setenv -> export var=val
- quit -> exit
- source -> source and .; could never be an external command, like "cd"

> ar, chattr, cmp, ed, file, grep, gunzip,
> lsattr, mknod, more, mount, mv, printenv, prompt,
> sum, tar, umount, where

These should all be available, but they don't need to be marked as
built-in. If you can run ash, you can run the others, if compiled in
busybox. You do have a configuration switch for trying compiled-in
commands first.

--
lfr
0/0