Fw: Hush cant replace lash for my situation

Martinb_ARM_NOMMU_KISSDVD martinb at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Jan 8 21:27:15 UTC 2008

oops :(
I’m very sorry I did miss this crucial part on your message

I did just like you did described and now it does run.

Two things before closing this threat

if I look at the comment on platform.h i see:
/paste

/* uclibc does not implement daemon() for no-mmu systems.
 * For 0.9.29 and svn, __ARCH_USE_MMU__ indicates no-mmu reliably.
 * For earlier versions there is no reliable way to check if we are building
 * for a mmu-less system; the user should pass EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DBB_NOMMU"
 * on his own.
 */

#if defined __UCLIBC__ && __UCLIBC_MAJOR__ >= 0 && __UCLIBC_MINOR__ >= 9 &&
\
    __UCLIBC_SUBLEVEL__ > 28 && !defined __ARCH_USE_MMU__

/end
Now I do remember how I got to use the -DBB_NOMMU
If I read this again then this is (for me) confusing. I do understand the >
0.9.29 part but I don’t understand the suggestion "the user should pass
EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DBB_NOMMU" on his own."

2e: would it be a suggestion to change the statement in platform.h to look
for the __uClinux__ Cflag?

(2e oops, I just read the TODO from Alex and now I really feel stupid)

Sorry for the waste of time and next time I will read the readme AND the
TODO AND the complete email

Its running fine now and I will start testing if this did also fix the
“cursor bug” I had 6 months ago

/martinb