Ответ: ?????: LPD applet

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:28:29 UTC 2008

1. What you mean for "configurable" when you mention the small room
for data on the system? A spool MUST dump a job before the latter gets
started. Or it is NOT a spool. Did you mean for "configurable" turning
spooling off?

2. Please explain what all these "header pages" are?

3. popen(WHAT) has to be configurable to be flexible. Configurable
here means bloaty. Those who have got a shell would IMHO prefer named
scripts.

Nevertheless, I got stuck at the following question:

A. Do we REALLY need to expect from LPD applet any functionality
beyond implementing "Receive Job" command (both non- and spooling
flavors)? I mean all these queue states, job removes and so on.

--
Vladimir