LPD applet

walter harms WHarms at bfs.de
Mon Feb 25 08:32:03 UTC 2008

dronnikov at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Cosmetic changes to lpr.
>
> New applet: tiny lpd. Seems to be working with lp[rq] applets :)
> Needs to be tested on real printing device and I do not have any...
>
> Need feedback, people!
> Do we want any queueing?
> Do we need some pre- and postprocessing, preferably via external helpers?
>
> --
> Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,
just give me some more time.

an because you ask: i would like to see some spooling daemon.
1. there are non-spooling lpd daemons out there.
2. spooling is a good solution for bad lines to prevent data loss

btw: you do not need a printing device any decent ld lets you print to a file
please be aware that implementing filter can be tricky.

re,
 wh