rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty (patch included)

Roberto Gordo Saez roberto.gordo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 14:18:46 UTC 2008

I've implemented long options for rmdir and added support for
--ignore-fail-on-non-empty. It can be enabled with
CONFIG_FEATURE_RMDIR_LONG_OPTIONS. The patch is quite small, it
is attached to this email.

I'm working on an embedded Debian etch environment, and noticed that
many packages failed to be purged or installed because they use
rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty in their postrm/postinstall scripts.
Fixing all invividual package sources was a lot of work, so I've
implemented this option instead. It should be compatible with
GNU rmdir. Feel free to use the patch if you think you need it.