Command line editing give a wrong result for me on hush shell 1.9.1

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 00:03:43 UTC 2008

On Sunday 17 February 2008 20:00, Martinb_ARM_NOMMU_KISSDVD wrote:
> file is attach
> wrong (other) results
>
> I don't see any garbage but the backspace act (almost) like {cursor right}
> I can send a strace but I'm not sure if it is useful

No, strace is not needed. Now we know where the problem is.

> probably stupid suggestion but if the is a complex problem isn't wise to
> first find out where the problem start?
> I can try to use a newer uclibc on my crosscompiler (0.9.28.3 is the latest
> I get working) ?
> if its a NOMMU problem then it should be able to reproduce

Yes, worth trying.

Also please try this: add yet another line - one with bb_error_msg:

        if (cmdedit_x >= num) {
                const char *bbbb = "\b\b\b\b";
                cmdedit_x -= num;
                if (num <= 4) {
                        bbbb -= num;
 asm volatile("# HERE");
 bb_error_msg("\n bbbb=%02x %02x %02x %02x (%p)", bbbb[0], bbbb[1], bbbb[2], bbbb[3], bbbb);
                        printf(bbbb);
                        return;
                }
                printf("\033[%uD", num);
                return;
        }

It will mess up display when you press Backspace, it's expected.
I need to know what values will be printed after "bbbb=".
--
vda