i'd like to code: shell and make

walter harms WHarms at bfs.de
Sat Feb 16 20:02:48 UTC 2008

Benjamin Kiener wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> As I read in the TODO, the situation of keeping several shells is
> undesireable for some users and developers of busybox, so I'd like to help
> to change that. Can anyone (Rob?) give me a more concret summary, how I can
> help as a programmer? And is there any need for an make alternative in
> busybox?
>
> Benjamin

hi Benjamin,
it is nice that you want to help.
IMHO we need:
- testcases , just port the checks from coreutils and friends an adapt them for bb
- documentation, something every programmer loves best done with above
- examples how to use busybox best
- there are several shell it would be nice to merge them into one
- look into programs and change parameters (buffersize, paths etc.) and see if it break something

we should update our TODO list :)

re,
 wh