init script problem in rc.d

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 14 07:34:10 UTC 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 04:08, max y wrote:
> Here I found an anomaly that may related to this.
> During the startup time, there is no stdin normally,

During the startup, more precisely, when init is started,
it does have stdin/out/err - it is passed to it by kernel
as three open descriptors, and all three are open to /dev/console.

Whether you see the output depends on where your /dev/console
is attached to.

> mean, for example, if we do Ctrl-C it can not
> interrupt  execution of Smyscript.

Ctrl-C can interrupt only if the terminal you sent it from
is a controlling tty. /dev/console cannot be a controlling tty
by design, kernel enforcec that.

> Now in my case, I
> can do Ctrl-C to interrupt the execution of Smyscript.
> It's much like I am already in a shell, the end of
> Smyscript is like the shell quit totally. How that
> could happen?

I failed to understand this part.
--
vda