dhcp options 121,63

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gennetsa.com
Mon Feb 11 11:30:34 UTC 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008 09:00:03 Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> Sorry about that. Maybe it was a bit simpler, but new one is smaller.

About the option_string addition, I don't know how smaller it is, but I think
it is more error prone than the previous interface (it is much easier to
accidentally introduce a bug).

> +                               for (i = 0; dhcp_sub_options[i].code; i++)
> {
>
> Loop? Why? dhcp_sub_options has only one element.

Other options could be added in the future. I only needed the first, but I
made the code generic.

> + /* gennet additions */
> +       { OPTION_STATIC_ROUTES|OPTION_REQ,        DHCP_STATIC_ROUTES}, /*
> sroutes */ +       { OPTION_SUBOPTIONS|OPTION_REQ,
> DHCP_VENDOR_INFO},   /* vendorinfo */

> I don't this these options should be requested by default.
> Please remove OPTION_REQ bit.

These options must be requested in order to be sent by the peer. Is there
other way to request them without adding this bit?

> Looking forward for next iteration of the patch.

Thanks for the comments and improvements. I will try to include your changes
soon.

regards,
Nikos