Question about 'ps' and pipe

martin.goodrich at ntlworld.com martin.goodrich at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 7 10:32:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using busybox-1.9.0 and have encountered some issues that I would be grateful for someone to cast some light on.

The ps command seems to have changed and doesn't seem to support the '-ef' option anymore. I know that at one stage it did because the previous version that my device ran with was happy with those options. Unfortunately I don't know the version of busybox that originally came with the CD for my device.

The second issue is that the pipe '|' seems to discard data sent to its stdin, so for example if I type:

ps | more

I just return to the bash shell with nothing being sent to more's stdin.

I am still a relative newbie to busybox and would teally appreciate if somebody could fill in some of the detail for me.

Best regards,
Martin.