Again, german umlauts in ash command line prompt

Alexander Griesser alexander.griesser at lkh-vil.or.at
Thu Feb 7 07:42:39 UTC 2008

Denis Vlasenko wrote:
>> ~/busybox/busybox-1.9.0 $ ll"!$"$"$
>> ~/busybox/busybox-1.9.0 $ read TEST
>> äöü"!§$
>> ~/busybox/busybox-1.9.0 $
>>
>> Can anyone reproduce this too?
>
> Works for me. Please post your .config

Attached (with locale enabled).

> Assuming that you are using line editing,

Yes, I am.

> this is the plase where "ordinary" chars are inserted
> into line buffer. Can you add bb_error_msg(...)
> as indicated by '+'? Does it trigger for umlauts?

BTDT. With CONFIG_LOCALE_SUPPORT turned off, it triggers, with
CONFIG_LOCALE_SUPPORT turned on, it does not.

So either my locale is somehow broken or locale support in busybox is
but as I seem to be the only one having this problem, I guess my locales
are to blame, so sorry for the noise in here and thanks for the tip to
disable locales (I don't need them anyway).

ciao,
--
Alexander Griesser (Netzwerkadministration)
E-Mail: alexander.griesser at lkh-vil.or.at | Web: http://www.lkh-vil.or.at