splash image during boot - new applet?

Michele Sanges michele.sanges at otomelara.it
Mon Feb 4 15:43:30 UTC 2008

Roberto,

the application is almost completed.
It's a program that starts a daemon and then exits; the daemon reads a
configuration file for setting:
- the splash image (in .ppm format)
- position, dimension and RGB colour of the progress bar.
and shows them.

It is possible to communicate with the daemon by means a fifo; the
possible commands are:
- the percentage of the boot process
- the 'exit' command in order to kill the daemon at the end of boot
process.

Best regards.
Michele