some patches

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:20:46 UTC 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008 22:16, dronnikov at gmail.com wrote:
> runit: another init introduced.

Do we need yet another init? I personally found runsvdir quite sufficient...

> svlogd: daemons should be placed is /sbin.
> socklog: a logger from runit package.

+#define SYSLOG_NAMES
+#include <sys/syslog.h>

This is not going to work well.

Please read a coment in sysklogd/syslogd_and_logger.c,
it explains why this does not work.

If it is not explained clarly enough, let me know.

> setfont: loadfont applet seems to be a pure BB invention. kbd package uses setfont utility to load font and optional screen map.
> 	I cleaned up loadfont and add setfont applet. setfont handles binary screen maps.
> showkey: another console-tools applet. Used to show keys pressed.

All applied except socklog and runit. Thanks!
--
vda