modprobe replacement

Timo Teräs timo.teras at iki.fi
Tue Aug 12 12:47:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been working on the new modutils stuff with Vladimir. I hoped I
would have get it finished already, but there was some other stuff
I needed to look into.

I have now a patch with an untested 2.4 kernel module support.
Patch is at: http://solidboot.com/~fabled/bb-modprobe-v6.diff
and feedback is appreciated.

The current todo list is:
- test 2.4 module loading
- fix 2.4 module argument passing to work again
- proper free():s for FEATURE_CLEAN_UP (it leaks now)

It'd be nice to get most bugs fixed as early as possible, to get
it included soon. Further size/speed optimizations could be done
later (it's already -2000 bytes or so compared to older modutils).

- Timo