busybox hwclock: RTC_RD_TIME: Invalid

Ram kumar ramkumar.research at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:15:56 UTC 2008

hi,
     When i type hwclock in my atmel at91sam9260 eval kit,it shows

# cd /
# hwclock
hwclock: RTC_RD_TIME: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

my udev creates the device entry /dev/rtc0 properly...

# ls -l /dev/rt*
crw-rw----    1 root     root     254,   0 Dec 31 17:00 /dev/rtc0

But when i type

# cat rtc0

....and forcefully stop it
[1] + Stopped                    cat rtc0

and when i type hwclock this time it says......

# hwclock
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory

I dont whether it is a problem with the arm-linux kernel 2.6.25 or it
is the problem with the busybox ????

I have enabled the rtc drivers in the linux menuconfig properly.....

My date output is also corrupted...its not able to display the day....

# date
un s�ön 31 17:11:25 MST 1969

Please suggest how to overcome this error ????

Regards,
Ram