?????: modprobe woes

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:52:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 10:24 +0300, Timo Teräs wrote:
> Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> > There ia a bunch of potential speedups.
>
> You still don't get it! I want a module-init-tools compatible!

me too

> There is
> no point considering an alternate format for speeding things up, since
> I don't want one. I can make module-init-tools compatible modprobe that
> performs fast enough.

and is small. size is normally the main reason people use busybox.

that said, I'd be happy to trade a few bytes to gain faster boot times.

so beat module-init-tools in speed and still have a size that not way
too much from what we currently, then busybox would rock more than ever.

> To And no, I DO NOT WANT modules.dep.bb.
>
> be honest, I think modprobe-small is pointless.

I tend to agree.

-nc