How to use telnetd

Rahul Jain rahul at schmizz.net
Tue Aug 5 09:16:38 UTC 2008

For me, telnetd gives the following options:

# telnetd --help
BusyBox v1.2.2 (2007.03.11-00:56+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: telnetd (inetd mode) [OPTION]

Telnetd uses incoming TELNET connections via inetd.
        -l LOGIN        exec LOGIN on connect (default /bin/sh)
        -f issue_file   Display issue_file instead of /etc/issue

The problem is that I cannot recompile busybox, I have to use
MontaVista Dev Rocket and so am stuck with the RPM package that is
provided by MontaVista. However, I got ssh to work so it is not
necessary for me to get telnet to work.

Thanks for the help though, I wish I could have compiled busybox in stead. :)

Cheers
Rahul Jain