[patch] testsuite/date/date-works:

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 27 20:57:51 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 16:17, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> Please consider this test enhancement.

I added it as a separate test: "date-works-1"

host_date=/bin/date

There's no telling that this is "standard" date.

On my system, for example, /bin/* are busybox applets,
/usr/bin/* are "standard" ones.

I don't see how to do it cleanly.
Maybe runtest shall have a -s PATH_TO_STD_UTILS option?

Until then, I generally prefer to have testsuite
to not test bbox output with "standard" output,
but to test against fixed strings/patterns.

I am adding it to svn. FYI: runtest -v says:

FAIL: date-works-1
++ busybox date -d 1:2 +%T
+ dt=01:02:00
+ test x01:02:00 = x01:02:00