tar xzf does not work anymore on my arm system

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 17:50:51 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 23:22, Martinb_ARM_NOMMU_KISSDVD wrote:
> sorry, here some more info how to reproduce
>
> I have a nommu arm system
> I do use inetd and I did switch from lash to hush
>
> services look like this
>
> telnet          23/tcp                          # telnet
> telnet2         2323/tcp                        # test telnet
>
> inetd.conf looks like this:
>
> http stream  tcp nowait  root    /hdd/stage2/bin/httpd httpd -h
> /hdd/stage2/htmlroot
> ftp stream  tcp nowait  root    /bin/ftpd ftpd -b -H -w
> kml stream  tcp nowait  root    /hdd/stage2/bin/httpd httpd -h
> /hdd/stage2/htmlroot
> telnet stream  tcp nowait  root    /sbin/telnetd telnetd -l /bin/hush
> httpfsck stream  tcp nowait  root    /systempart/httpd httpd -h /systempart
> telnet2 stream  tcp nowait  root    /sbin/telnetd telnetd -l /hdd/test/lash
>
> the lash is a old version
> hush is the latest version
>
> if I connect to the 2e telnet (on port 2323) I get a telnetprompt
> if I execute a command (like ls) and while its running press <CTRL> <C>
> telnet still runs
>
> if I connect to the first telnet (on port 23) i also get a telnetprompt
> if I execute a command (like ls) and while its running press <CTRL> <C>
> telnet just exit and if I connect again I don’t see any old running process
>
> so I do telnet to 2323
> type "ls"
> press <CTRL> <C> and I just exit the command and go back to (telnet)prompt
>
> if i telnet to 23
> type "ls"
> press <CTRL> <C> telnet just ends

I set up a similar environment and it doesn't fail for me as you describe.
Perhaps the difference is in our .config files. Please send me yours.

Also, it will be interesting to see the result of

strace -f -o strace.log -p <inet'd pid>

Start inetd first, then strace, then telnet into the box, run "sleep 10"
and Ctrl-C it - telnetd will die as you describe (correct behavior
is "only sleep dies, telnetd does not"). Then stop (Ctrl-C) strace
and post the resulting strace.log
--
vda