just another one of my rumblings

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Fri Apr 25 06:35:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> If it is then it should be fixed to work with about the minimal shell we
> provide (for self-tests and for consistency).

Good idea, IMO.

> I did fix the scripts some time ago, but back then, Rob reverted it
> immediately. Now would be a good time to fix it up for good.

Thing is ubuntu chose dash (which is much faster than bash, factor 10 in
some of my tests) as default shell, and debian seems to move in the same
direction.  Bashistic scripts will break on such boxes.  So, until
bashisms get fixed, shebang line should probably be set to bash.

Cheers,

--
Cristian