control-c console carriage return issue

Andrew Xiang xiang at gratingworks.com
Wed Apr 23 22:12:01 UTC 2008

I am running 1.9.1 on mips. If I press control-c on the serial console, it screw up the console, typed char does not appear on the console and the carriage return does not give me a new line anymore. I have to logout and login again to fix the problem. If I telnet into the box and do the same thing, I don't get the issue. Only happens on the serial console.Anyone encountered this issue?

#
#
# ash             eraseall        mkdir           rmdir
brctl           false           mke2fs          sed
busybox         fgrep           mkfs.ext2       sh
cat             flash_eraseall  mkfs.ext3       sleep
chgrp           flashcp         mkfs.jffs2      stat
chmod           fsck            mklost+found    stty
chown           fsck.ext2       mknod           sync
cp              fsck.ext3       mkomfs          tar
cpio            grep            more            tftp_proxy
cramfsck        gunzip          mount           tftpd
date            gzip            mtd_debug       tip
dd              hostname        mv              touch
df              ip              nice            true
dhcpcd          ipcalc          omfs            tune2fs
dmesg           iptables        pidof           umount
e2fsck          kill            ping            uname
ebtables        ln              printenv        usleep
echo            login           ps              vi
ed              ls              pwd             watch
egrep           mkcramfs        rm              zcat