Ash : Command not found

Neeraj Vaidya neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 21 08:39:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

I finally got around my problem of booting from my grub boot cd , uncompressing my kernel and mounting my initrd and then also mounting the CD from which I booted.

I have busybox (latest version and patches installed in the initrd)

In my initrd , I have also placed the sfdisk program (in /usr/sbin) and it's related shared libraries  (in /lib/).
I figured which libraries need to go into initrd by using the command :
ldd sfdisk

On booting from my CD + kernel + initrd  , I am poresented with an ash shell ,
But when I type sfdisk -s and <ENTER> , I get the error : :
ash : sfdisk : command not found

I can see that sfdisk and its shared libraries are there in /usr/sbin and /lib respectively.

I have also added the path /lib to the PATH environment variable.

Can someone help me with this ? Please excuse my elementary knowledge of Linux

Thanks & Regards,
Neeraj

      Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! group at http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/