Busybox not working with uClibc

walter harms WHarms at bfs.de
Wed Apr 9 09:21:23 UTC 2008

Nikesh Gawande wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>              I am quiet new in the Linux world. I working on the system
> having AT91SAM9261 chip all the kernel related issues have been solved. Now
> I am trying to create the RFS with busybox and uClibc. I have built both of
> them with cross toolchain for ARM926. But the busybox is not working with
> uClibc and it perfectly works with glibc. Is there anything I am missing in
> the building uClibc or busybox. Also after booting busybox shows the login
> message but it is not being logged in with user name root. what is the
> default username and password in busybox or I need to add some file to the
> filesystem having username and password. Please help me.

there is nothing like a default user/pswd to busybox. BB uses the normal authentication
mechanism of unix for login.

we are willing to help but you need to provide us some more information:

1. what version of BB ? (where did you get it from ?)
2. what version of ulibC ? (where did you get it from ?)

you can test you setup using a other system like your Desktop-PC. Does the problem persist ?

did you try to produce some debug output ? does any error occur ?
(note that most embedded system produce debugoutput on serial port!)

re,
 wh