A Problem about Compiling Busybox with Cross Compiler in Cygwin! Thanks!

普查 陈 chenpucha at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Sep 26 13:05:47 UTC 2007

Dear Sirs,
  I am a beginner of busybox. Now, I am trying to build busybox executable with arm-linux-gcc, a cross compiler, in cygwin. When I input ¡°make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gcc¡±, many .c files can be successfully compiled into .o files. But, when coreutils/usleep.c is compiled, there appear an error,

  /bin/arm-linux-gcc -I ./include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE ¨CD_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 ¨CWall ¨CWstrict-prototypes ¨CWshadow ¨COs ¨Cfstrict-aliasing ¨Cfomit-frame-pointer ¨CD_GNU_SOURCE ¨CDNDEBUG ¨Cc ¨Co coreutils/usleeps.o coreutils/usleep.c
  coreutils/usleep.c: In function ¡®usleep_main¡¯:
  coreutils/usleep.c: 36: void value not ignored as it ought to be
  make: ***[ coreutils/usleep.o] Error 1

  Although a prior letter has dealt with a similar problem, I still failed to compile this file in cgywin with cross compiler.  I don¡¯t know how to proceed. So, I want a help. Can anyone help me?

  I am looking forward to a letter in reply.

  Yours sincerely,
  Chen Pucha
26th Sep, 2007