Kernel thread in a driver: Unable to wake up thread if I quit the dev file and reopen it.

Stephane Cerveau scerveau at awox.com
Fri Sep 14 13:20:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I found finally which CONFIG is involved in my problem. It was
CONFIG_ASH_JOB_CONTROL which need to be set.
Now my kernel driver can be add and removed and when I quit my app I can
relaunch it. My kernel thread is correctly awaken.
But I don't know why... I don't understand why this CONFIG is involved
in this use case.
IF someone knows why, I would be grateful to be informed ;)
Cheers.

Steph