moving /bin/ip to /sbin/ip?

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Tue Sep 11 04:01:03 UTC 2007

 > On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 10:40:11PM +0200, Natanael Copa wrote:
 > > It would be a lot easier for me to have the ip application in the same
 > > place as the original iproute2. In fact it makes things alot more easy
 > > to have the busybox applications in the same place as the original apps.
 > > (not first time i meet this kind of problems)
 >
 > $PATH?

no, his problem is that other apps refer to ip via its full path.
$PATH isn't always the answer.

while i have no objection to having busybox put things in their
standard places, i'd also point out that it's easy to fix this
problem, via an early init.d script -- just move the ip app,
or create a new link to it.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com