[patch,RFC,CFT] debloat du #1

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 20:09:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have this patch lying around for some months now..
Ideally, du would reuse recursive_action, but the attached patch only
does the non-intrusive (i.e. i didn't rewrite it, which would have been
saner, perhaps) part 1/2, that is switch to globals and debloat the logic
a little bit. This patch does not move the whole applet to
recursive_action as of now (i will not do this anytime soon, so feel
free to do this yourself, or rewrite it completely).

The reason why i didn't apply it outright is that i did not really test
it (just a little bit, and it worked for me, but hey).

vda, please apply if you think it's worthwile, or, even better, rewrite
the whole mess to use recursive_action right from the start..

Also, i didn't record any stats, size(1)-wise, so better double-check if
it makes sense in the first place.. :-/

Note that this may not be cleaned-up completely, didn't look before i
hit :x\ny

HTH && cheers,