ifupdown scripts (1.7.2 patch)

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 04:46:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 18:44, Daniel Mierswa wrote:
> Hey guys,
> i felt the need to provide a patch since probably some won't use those
> scripts called if an interface comes up/down maybe because it also pulls
> in run-parts (which wasn't selected in 1.7.2 anyway). So i provided a
> patch which makes it all optional. Hope you guys can do something useful
> with it. The patch applies fine to version 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Other
> versions weren't tested.

Are these changes add something which is present in "standard" ifup
(and what is "standard" ifup, anyway? URL to homepage will be nice).

If you are not simply adding functionality which exists in mainstream
version, but instead are trying ot extent ifup to handle more cases,
Please read this:

http://busybox.net/~vda/no_ifup.txt

then talk to me and try to convince me that I am missing something
and ifup is actually not hopeless by design.
--
vda